Thursday, October 16, 2008

The best laid plans...

The day after I posted my first entry, I had a "teensy accident" and broke bones in both hands, amongst other things. However, before I left on the road trip that led to my eventual ambulance ride I went out and took some photos of several places which will end up here, including the former home of the former mica factory.

Soon to be posted (once I am a bit more healed), the old Chinese laundry in New Edinburgh, the city-run outdoor pool, at Flatrock, again in New Edinburgh, and Laroque's Department Store at Rideau and Dalhousie.

1 comment:

Ramiah said...

hello

Today May 8th, 2017, i was trying to find info on the city run pool at Flatrock I read what you wrote below back in 2008

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2008 - The best laid plans...
The day after I posted my first entry, I had a "teensy accident" and broke bones in both hands...Soon to be posted (once I am a bit more healed), the old Chinese laundry in New Edinburgh, the city-run outdoor pool, at Flatrock, again in New Edinburgh, and Laroque's Department Store at Rideau and Dalhousie. - POSTED BY MUDHOOKS AT 11:37 PM

and was wondering if you ever managed to get any more info on the city run pool at Flatrocks located in the Rideau River in New Edinburgh just east of the Cummings Bridge?

I used to swim there back in 1966/1967 and was fascinated by this pool. It was 3 pools in one - all different depths - you could swim over the walls into the other pools - in the deepest pool if you went over the wall you were in the river itself.

Could you let me know if you found any pictures or articles about this pool.

I hope this finds you.

Thanks Ispheria